Advancing Student Success Through Professional Learning Communities
July 22-24, 2015
Sheridan College | Sheridan, Wyoming
Learn the teaching techniques used by one of the top performing school districts in the western United States!
Sharpen your skills with training from top experts:
A truly customized learning experience!
Have you ever gone to a conference only to realize that the sessions you attended didn't really meet your needs? This summer institute offers a uniquely customized learning experience - all sessions are tailored to support teachers specifically designed to improve student learning. The master teacher seeking to strengthen specific skill sets, the beginning teacher and everyone in between will leave this conference with skills, strategies and techniques that can be applied to improve teaching practice.
Join us this summer and realize these benefits:
- Gain deep professional learning from three nationally renowned educational leaders
- Develop a more thorough understanding of conceptual foundations of mathematics
- Build expertise in literacy and math instruction customized to your need
- Maximize your team's collaboration potential in a PLC context
- Participate in differentiated sessions in reading, writing and mathematics focusing on the Wyoming Performance Standards (CCSS-aligned)
- Learn specific teaching strategies that can be effectively employed in one-to-one, small group, or whole class settings
- Network with a school district that consistently produces the state's top results including four National Blue Ribbon Elementary Schools
University of Wyoming Credit Option
- Available for two (2) graduate credits through the University of Wyoming.
- Additional information will be provided at the conference.
Thursday Evening Reception
Join us for a special reception Thursday evening from 7-9 p.m.! Sheridan's own Craft Brothers will provide the entertainment and Sheridan College will host an open bar.
About Sheridan County School District #2
With consistently high test scores and four elementary schools recognized as Blue Ribbon Schools by the US Department of Education, Sheridan County School District #2 in Wyoming is one of the top-performing school districts in the western US. We are eager to share our approach to help you prepare your students for success!
Want more information?
- View detailed session descriptions
- 2015 Institute Session Descriptions Summary
- 2015 Institute Breakout Session Schedule
Note: Workshop attendees are encouraged to bring their own technology device (tablet, laptop, etc.).
Ready to register?
Please note: No refunds will be issued after June 30, 2015.