Meadowlark Elementary School
At Meadowlark Elementary School, we operate under a shared leadership philosophy to promote full support and embracing of our mission from every member of our faculty and staff. Our mission, "Celebrating Learning, Respecting Diversity, Building Community", is the fundamental concept driving our efforts to provide each student with the tools to realize academic success and obtain the best learning experience possible.
Our shared leadership environment means that the whole of our school operates as a single team to serve our students and parents. We take responsibility for our students' learning and hold each other accountable by sharing data and creating shared goals. The success of our team efforts is evidenced by our tremendous gains in student learning shown through state and local assessments.
As a team, we work toward our mission by sharing the same communicated vision, a vision that Meadowlark Elementary is a place where:
- All interactions between community members are respectful.
- Collaboration is the expectation of all.
- Teams set common goals and work together to achieve them.
- All children and adults learn, and their growth is celebrated.
- Unkind remarks or infighting are not tolerated.
- Confrontation is handled professionally and growth occurs because of it.
- Adults have high expectations for themselves and students.
- Parents, staff, and all stakeholders work together to build a positive school community.
Meadowlark Elementary News
Meadowlark Students Study Fossils and Dinosaurs
Students in Mrs. Jost's 2nd grade class at Meadowlark Elementary recently had the opportunity to study fossils and dinosaurs through integrated science and technology. The students chose a dinosaur to research and utilized books and websites to gather information on the dinosaur that they chose.
3rd-5th Grade Seminar Nominations
Seminar is a program designed for 3rd-5th grade students whose intellectual capacity, academic achievement and rate of learning require experiences apart from the regular curriculum.
SCSD2 Seeks Input on 2016-2017 Academic Calendar
Sheridan County School District #2 (SCSD2) is seeking public input to finalize the academic calendar for the 2016-2017 school year. Please click through to the full article to review the proposed calendars and share your input using a brief survey. The deadline for voting is Saturday, May 2nd.