Sagebrush Elementary will have Lifetouch School Portraits take photos on Wednesday, April 6th. The Lifetouch representatives will be in the Sagebrush Library at 8:00am ready to take pictures. The day will start with non-student family members and move on to students at 8:30am. These pictures will be taken and printed and then the parents will have the option to buy photos from the packet by page.
Here are some tips from Lifetouch for a successful picture day:
- Help your child pick out clothes and colors that look good on them. After all, your child is the star of the photo, not their shirt - so avoid slogans, logos, and big patterns. Small jewelry and accessories are fine but avoid items that are too big or distracting. Make sure to check your flyer to see sample poses for your picture day. Some poses may show pants or skirts, so plan the complete outfit.
- Glasses are okay! Lifetouch photographers know all the tricks to reduce glare.
- Any hairstyle works for picture day. You can schedule haircuts a few weeks ahead of time to allow hair to grow back a little, or you can go for a fresh-cut look.
- Keep kids relaxed and ready to be themselves. Smiles can look fake if they’re practiced ahead of time. Remember, smiles are like french fries—they’re better when they’re fresh.
- Don’t worry about “perfect”! The hair that always sticks up or the missing tooth shows your child just as they are right now—and you’ll enjoy looking back on that for years to come. On picture day, teachers and volunteers will help straighten collars and check posture. Also, if you'd like, we will have retouching options for blemishes and scrapes.