Woodland Park After School Orchestra
There are two groups that meet in addition to the school block classes. The Wire Choir is a 4th and 5th grade orchestra and the Golden Strings is a 2nd and 3rd grade violin ensemble. The goal of the After School Orchestra program is to give interested students an additional opportunity to play challenging music in a large performing group.
Requirements to participate in after school orchestra:
- Students must have their own instrument (ex: rental instrument) because at home practice is required.
- Students should have at least one year experience; however some students may be ready sooner. (If you are unsure if your student is ready feel free to contact me and I can help guide your decision).
- Students must have a ride home at 4:15.
- Students may not miss more than 3 practices.
*Coming to practice without an instrument counts as a missed practice.
- Students must play in all performances.
Please contact Erin Cummings with any questions regarding After School Orchestra:
View or print the After School Information sheet for more information on the After School Orchestra program.
After School Orchestra Schedule
Wire Choir (4th and 5th Grade)
- Fall schedule: Practice every Monday 3:30-4:15 starting September 26th except on October 10th - Teacher In-service
- Spring schedule: Practice every Monday 3:30-4:15 starting January 30th except on March 27th - Spring Break
Golden Strings (2nd and 3rd Grade)
- Fall schedule: Practice every Tuesday 3:30-4:15 starting September 27th except on November 22th: Thanksgiving Break
- Spring Schedule: Practice every Tuesday 3:30-4:15 starting January 31st except on March 28th: Spring Break
- Winter Concert: Wednesday, December 14th at 6:30pm. Students are expected to arrive no later than 6:00pm that evening. There will be no practice after the December 14th concert.
- Spring Concert: Wednesday, May 17th at 6:00pm. Students are expected to arrive no later than 5:30pm that evening. There will be no more practice after the May 17th concert.